Hi all! My first blog of the year! It’s nearly February, so I suppose I should be ashamed of myself. I’m a bad, bad bloghog, and I just don’t care!! 😀
I have been thinking about what to blog for aaaages, but as I work on a strictly only-blog-when-I-have-something-to-say basis – I got nothin’ as they say!
But today is #wwwblogs on twitter; that’s the day I catch up on all the wonderful blogs that I follow, and retweet as many as I can, to share the love of writey stuff and so on! Checking my own ‘writer’ page on facebook, I noticed that I had posted a meme listing ’10 Beautiful Things in your Life’ and asked for people to send in their own lists. This was way back in October of last year. I had intended to do a blogpost when I had enough lists, but sadly, only one person participated. The lovely Beth Arvin! This is her blog address, check it out – it’s great! http://betharvin365.livejournal.com/
So if you’re wondering what I did with your list, Beth, I’m sorry! But I haven’t forgotten about it!
Personally, I LOVE a list! I’d read anything if it was in list form, instead of dreary old paragraphs. So, I am appealing to any of you that have 10 beautiful, or even mildly tolerant things in your life; please send me your list, and I will do that post!
I’ll start you off with my own list:
- Hedgehogs. (natch!) I am learning more and more about these amazing creatures, thanks to this fascinating site: https://littlesilverhedgehog.wordpress.com/
- Coffee. Oh coffee, never leave! I am nothing without you.
- The rude health of my family, who have never had more than the odd fracture (so far!!) May that continue!
- The sight of gold-pink topped mountains on a sunny day. I am so lucky to live in Switzerland, even if I do miss ‘home’ occasionally!
- People who make me laugh, and think hard. You know who you are! And I love you.
- An unexpected hug, or a compliment from my teen daughters. Rare gems.
- A husband who supports me, even though he may not always understand me!
- Writing, imagination, and books. Where would we be without other people’s stories?
- Friday evenings. They should come around more often.
- Great music, and singing like no one’s listening. Thank God for that!
Well, that’s MY list. I’d love to see yours!
I’m waiting… 😉
Love from the Hedgehog x